Former Guns Nโ€™ Roses guitarist Slash has confirmed that the bandโ€™s original line-up will not perform together at their Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction next month.

Advertisement

Last month (February 15), it was reported that all the members who had contributed to the bandโ€™s seminal album โ€˜Appetite For Destructionโ€™ would be attending the ceremony, which takes place in Cleveland, Ohio on April 14, but Slash has now confirmed that they will all be simply attending and not performing.

Speaking to QMI, the guitarist said he had been caught unaware by all the furore that has been caused by their appearance at the induction as he had been away from the band for so long.

He said: โ€œEither it hasnโ€™t hit me yet or maybe itโ€™s been so long since I had anything to do with Guns Nโ€™ Roses that I just donโ€™t really get it. And weโ€™re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that weโ€™re not playing.โ€

Advertisement

The guitarist also confirmed that the bandโ€™s former drummer Stephen Adler would be attending, but said he couldnโ€™t confirm for the attendance of any of his other former bandmates.

Slash releases his second solo album โ€˜Apocalyptic Loveโ€™ on May 21 and will play a one-off UK show at Londonโ€™s HMV Hammersmith Apollo on June 6. The show is two days before Slash headlines the second stage at this summerโ€™s Download Festival.

The current line-up of Guns Nโ€™ Roses, meanwhile, are set to tour the UK later this year. The band, who are currently working on new material for the follow-up to โ€˜Chinese Democracyโ€™, will play seven shows across the UK as part of a full European tour this May.

They will play:

Nottingham Capital FM Arena (May 19)

Liverpool Echo Arena (20)

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (23)

Glasgow SECC (25)

Birmingham LG Arena (26)

Manchester Evening News Arena (29)

London O2 Arena (31)